Evironment Canada calls for a Pacific storm to arrive on the South Coast tonight and bring with it a mix of wintery weather.
An approaching Pacific storm is predicted to, "bring a mixture of snow, freezing rain, and rain to the south coast" beginning Friday night and continuing Saturday.
Strong winds will also accompany the storm.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
The forecast notes that it is difficult to predict when the transition to rain will be. There is a chance that this transition could be delayed resulting in higher snowfall amounts. It is also possible this transition will include a period of freezing rain.
By midday Saturday, however, most areas of Metro Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast will have changed over to all rain.