Every Wednesday our friends at The Georgia Straight give us something new to share with you here on the blog: a preview of what you’ll see on the front of – and inside – their paper the next day. As you likely already know, they’re the source for lifestyle and entertainment stories in Vancouver. Along with their robust online presence they release a printed publication which is distributed all over Vancouver each Thursday.
This issue is the 2,422nd and its theme is beer! Articles on the business of brewing, expert picks, pairing beverages with food, and recipes for drinkers. HERE is a portal to some of the features and below are some links to stories featured on the cover, which you can check out before you grab the physical paper:
– Beer industry in B.C. not what it used to be cover story by Charlie Smith
– The complications associated with a perineal urethrostomy by Dan Savage
– HUB Cycling wants Powell Street separated bike lane by Stephen Hui
– Antipoverty advocates question City of Vancouver’s plan to reduce poverty by Carlito Pablo
– Vancouver International Children’s Festival works its puppet magic by Janet Smith
Additional beer stories:
– How to pair beer with food: from burgers to oysters and more by Carolyn Ali
– Parallel 49 ruby ale adds pizzazz to chef Brett Turner’s pulled-pork tacos by Michelle da Silva
– Give these local beers a try — you’ll be glad you did by Carolyn Ali
– Central City Brewers + Distillers boss Darryll Frost promotes new SFU research project on autism by Charlie Smith
– Craft beer, scenic parks make a mellow Tacoma trip by Carolyn Ali
– Vancouver Craft Beer Week 2014 tickets released by Carolyn Ali
Pick up a copy of the Straight wherever you are tomorrow!