The Christmas season is full of ways to indulge, and that goes for in the cocktail department, too.
This is the time of year that wine is mulled, champagne is uncorked, and rum is buttered. Add in seasonal flavours and ingredients like candy cane, cranberry, and egg nog, and there is much to celebrate.
We’ve gathered up 35 seasonal cocktails you can order up in many of Vancouver’s favourite bars and restaurants this Christmas. Cheers!
1. Ancora: Sloe Down Santa
2. Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar: Aquas Caliente
3. Café Medina: Pomme de Moluccas
4-8. The Cascade Room
- Candy Cane Fizz: A twist on the Ramos Fizz with menthe pastille and cachaça
- Bourbon Eggnog
- Sage & Cranberry Collins
- Mulled Wine
- Hot Buttered Rum: Made with JT’s Hot Buttered Rum Mix, hot water, and bourbon. $2 from each one sold goes to support Fawkes Academy.
9. Crowbar: Vivian Ward
10. Fat Mao: Chinatown Bourbon
House-made spiced lime leaf bourbon, maraschino liquor, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, Angostura bitters. Shaken with ice, it’s poured into a chilled glass coupe and garnished with a lime wheel. The drink highlights warm spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves.
11. L’Abattoir: Punch the Smoking Bishop
12-17. Lobby Lounge at the Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Spiked Eggnog: VS Cognac, spiced rum, Oloroso sherry, house-made eggnog
- Festive Punch: Spanish brandy, aged rum blend, Madeira, lemon, spiced cranberry cordial
- Holiday Highball: Japanese Whisky, baked apple cordial, Amaro Montenegro, soda water, lemon peel
- Scandinavian Glögg: Aquavit, pinot noir, port, raisins, spices, almonds
- Hot Buttered Rum: Aged rum blend, buttered brown sugar, spices, hot water
- Mulled Cider: Bourbon, apple cider, spices, lemon
18. Maenam: Lady Macbeth
For a sweet and spicy twist, this warming beverage fits the bill. Made with bourbon, simple syrup (Maenam uses a homemade ginger-galangal infused syrup), chai tea, and cardamom bitters, this is a great drink to warm up with on a cold day.
19-28. Reflections Garden Terrace Winter Pop-Up
Since they’re open for just this special time of year, Reflections Garden Terrace at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia has an impressive line up of hot, cold, sparkling, and boozy holiday cocktails:
- Little Helper: Mount Gay Xo rum, house made egg nog
- Winter Daisy: Botantist gin, pomegranate, lemon, vanilla
- Penicillin: Bruichladdich Classic Laddie & Port Charlotte, lemon, ginger honey syrup
- Christmas G&T: Botanist gin, cranberries, clove studded orange swath
- Scrooged Up: Grey Goose vodka, mandarin, lemon, winter spices, sparkling wine
- Poinsettia: Cointreau, pomegranate, sparkling wine, cranberry bitters
- Winter Wonderland: Remy Martin VSOP cognac, lemon, winter spices, sparkling wine
- Little Rummer Boy: Mount Gay Eclipse Rum, Spiced compound butter
- True North: Ezra Brooks bourbon, Mount Gay Black Barrel rum, Fernet Branca Menta, hot chocolate
- Hot Toddy: Bruichladdich Classic Laddie, lemon, ginger honey
29. UVA Wine & Cocktail Bar: Rum Pa-Pa Pomme
30. Vancouver TheatreSports: North Pole
31. West Restaurant: Una Paloma Blanco
32. Wildebeest: Cashew on the Flip-side
33-35. YEW seafood + bar
- Cog Nog: Spiked with Cognac, YEW’s house-made eggnog is served in a nostalgic Christmas Vacation moose mug.
- Enchanted Widow: A refreshing sipper featuring Veuve Clicquot Rich, Pineapple Reduction, and Thyme Tealeaves ‘Nutcracker’ Tea for a seasonal twist.
- YEW Hot Buttered Rum: Bacardi Black Rum, Buttered Batter, Angostura Bitters, Pimento Honey Syrup, Gingerbread cookie.