This week’s guest on the V.I.A. podcast is Prem Gill, CEO of Creative BC. We talk about Vancouver being a ‘Music City’, tax incentives for film, and how her agency works to foster the creative economy in this province.
Show notes for Episode 15:
– Learn about Granville Island 2040.
– 4 top Vancouver chefs are banding together to create a sweet new restaurant.
– Holding Luke Skywalker’s original lightsaber.
– The group of Star Wars enthusiasts who dress up are called Vancouver’s 501st Legion.
– The Ripley’s Believe It or Not exhibit is still on at Science World.
– Prem Gill’s bio on the Creative BC website.
– DHX Media‘s animation studio employs 700 artists right across the street from our office.
– The lineup for Skookum Festival is looking pretty good.
– Check out Juno Fest!
– Every local act that’s up for a 2018 Juno award.
– Hapa Collaborative, our other neighbours designed the new Art Gallery plaza.
– Music BC helps support music artists in B.C..
– Learn about the Association of BC Book Publishers and the Magazine Association of BC.
– The Interactive Innovation Fund that helped launch Archive.
– Mina Shum’s Meditation Park trailer is below.
– There’s a train that goes to Whistler.
– The Ace Hotel in Portland is nice.
– Pok Pok in Portland is known for their chicken wings.
– Powell’s Books in Portland is one of the best book stores in the universe.
– Sea to Sky Gondola is FREE for kids during spring break.
– Kids get in FREE to Van Dusen Gardens during the entire month of March.
– Take a road trip to the bird sanctuary in Delta.
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!