Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
March 24-30, 2018
1. This week on the Vancouver Is Awesome Podcast we got the buzz on how bees are helping bring hope and opportunity all over Vancouver when we talked to the Co-Founder of Hives For Humanity.
2. Cherry blossom season is here and it’s so, so, so beautiful…check out these photos!
4. City landmarks lit up purple this week to raise awareness for epilepsy.
5. B.C. wine snobs are obsessing over this winery from… Ontario.
6. With Flavours of Hope, pop-up dinners connect refugee women to new communities.
7. A new poké shop offered $5 bowls this week to mark their grand opening.
8. Woohoo! A K-Pop convention is coming to Metro Vancouver.
9. WIRED helps local musicians stay creative with affordable workshops.
10. A new childcare centre opens in Kitsilano.
11. We talked with TV personality and vegan food blogger Lauren Toyota of Hot For Food about her rockin’ new cookbook.
12. Hey… there are 20+ new craft breweries opening in B.C. this year!
13. 500 Coffees #92: Treena Wood, News Director for CBC British Columbia.
14. Awwww: YVR announces winners of puppy naming contest.
15. The VPD adds 20 electric vehicles to their fleet. Vroom!
16. YWCA moving forward with affordable housing projects for single mothers.
17. Go fish: Here are the 17 essential Vancouver seafood restaurants.
18. The Richmond Night Market returns for 2018 season.
19. Road trip? You can get a Pickle Slush just a few minutes outside Vancouver this summer.
20. Our parent company just launched an awesome online publication in Kamloops! Tell your fam and friends out there to find and follow Kamloops Matters.
21. Hungry? We round up 17 Vancouver food events to check out this April.
22. Here’s a pup’s-eye view of Vancouver’s biggest dog meet-up–watch the video!
23. Drag royalty honoured for charitable contributions in Vancouver.
25. Here are 8 plays inspired by classic books that are now showing in Vancouver.
26. Welcome the VPL’s 2018 Indigenous storyteller in residence.
27. Two members of Vancouver’s arts community received awards in Ottawa this week.
28. Got a sweet tooth? Here are 5 outrageous desserts to try right now in Vancouver.
29. Then there’s THIS sweet tooth: This guy created “the largest Rice Krispie square in Canada.”
30. Another big visitor: Former U.S. President Bill Clinton coming to Vancouver.
31. Hmmm… Here’s a link to Google’s archive of every place you’ve ever brought your phone.
32. Sly Stone documentary being produced by Vancouver film company.
33. Spot Prawn Festival returns in May with rebooted format.