Up to bat this week on episode 18 of the Vancouver Is Awesome podcast are Evan Wansbrough and Court Overgaauw from the East Van Baseball League.
Get to know two of the guys responsible for the community-building punk rock baseball “beer league” that’s all about “Hard balls, wood bats, steel spikes,” and a hefty dose of hot fun in the summertime.
Plus, your hosts Bob and Lindsay review two food and drink mishaps in the wake of last week’s delicious “All food spectacular” episode, and they shed a little light on why Kamloops Matters.
Show notes for Ep. 18
- Listen to Ep. 17, the “All Food Spectacular”
- Strathcona Beer accidentally pours out 1,000 cans for the homies
- A few of the great new restaurants we’ve covered on V.I.A. lately: Colette Grand Cafe, Dosanko, Honey Salt (bonus: Honey Salt’s brunch), The Victor, Aleph, Coquille.
- The East Van Baseball League
- Follow them on Facebook to get info on opening day, schedules, and more
- Kamloops Matters, our new sibling site in Kamloops
- BC Was Awesome: Bill Miner and Monte Creek Ranch winery
- British Columbia Wildlife Park
- Camels in the Cariboo
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!