This week, we sit down with the Vancouver podcasting superstar you’ve never heard of, Joseph Planta.
Planta has been producing and hosting a podcast out of his own home and in his spare time for longer than podcasts have been a thing, featuring many high-wattage celebs from the world of politics, publishing, broadcasting, and entertainment.
Plus, Bob and Lindsay talk about a new documentary about graphic design in Canada, comedian Jim Gaffigan’s feelings about Vancouver weather, a cool new coin from the Canadian Mint and a local indigenous artist, and restaurant awards season (it’s a thing).
Show notes for Ep. 19
- This new Vancouver-produced documentary will be the next “Helvetica.”
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan tweets Vancouver rain troll poll
- Joseph Planta at thecommentary.ca
- Bob as a guest on Joseph’s podcast in 2017, and in 2011
- LBJ’s “Unique” Gift to Pope Paul VI (deadpresidents.tumblr.com)
- It’s awards season for restaurants! These 19 Vancouver restaurants are among Canada’s 100 best. We’ve got the Van Mag Restaurant Awards on April 16, Chinese Restaurant Awards on April 17, and the Where to Dine Awards on April 25.
- The Indigenous B.C. artist who does the Star Wars stuff just designed an enchanting silver coin
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!