This week on the V.I.A. Podcast we sit down with a pair of hobbyist paranormal sleuths from the group Vancouver Supernatural. Paul and Janine are two of nine in the self-assembled group of ghost hunting enthusiasts who offer their services–free of charge–to investigate (or debunk) spirits in local businesses and homes.
Paul and Janine brought not only stories from the field, but also some of the gear in their ghost hunting kits to show us a little bit about how they do what they do. We talk about some haunted places in the city, the logistics of working with paranormal investigators, and just how the couple came to this particular kind of hobby.
Hosts Bob Kronbauer and Lindsay William-Ross also talk about suburban cougars on the loose, garbage bears, and a possum problem that has Lindsay keeping a close eye on her home shower. And on the supernatural tip, we touch on the more sinister element included in our story about a 100-year-old murder inside the crazy Sumas Substation that’s now a private home for sale.
Plus, we talk about the nature of B.C. recurring seasonal campfire ban, as well as the New York Times’ love for Richmond, and Seth Rogen’s love for the Richmond Night Market (which the Times gives a big shout out to).
Show notes for Ep. 27
- East Van texting group helps the community with coyote watch
- Ladner resident found a possum in their shower
- Cougars in PoCo near playground
- Read about the co-worker murder that went down inside the Sumas Substation in 1915, when the building powered the B.C. Electric Railway’s Fraser Valley interurban streetcar line.
- The Vancouver Supernatural website
- Some videos from their investigations
- Condos slated for ‘Vancouver’s most haunted house’ site
- B.C. Gov: Fire bans and restrictions
- Richmond has the best Asian food in North America, says the New York Times
- In return, actor Seth Rogen professes his love for the Richmond Night Market
- Local Chinese restaurants are building their traditional flavours and skilled techniques on stellar product
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji and Melissa Shaw.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!