This week we take a deep dive into the crazy world of Instagram, as we talk about marketing and influencers with Erin Sousa, the founder of Sparkle Media. Erin, an influencer on her own accord, does modern marketing campaigns for several brands, including many based in and around Vancouver.
We talk about how brands use Instagram, as well as how influencers can get up to some shady business to make themselves look better–and we aren’t talking creative selfies–in the numbers game. Plus Erin opens up about how she also uses Instagram as a tool to help her in her personal life, including a very challenging journey she and her husband are on right now with fertility.
Before we tell Instagram stories with Erin, hosts Bob and Lindsay talk about salmon fishing and trolleybuses, and we wrap up with some talk about a spooky new vodka and the nostalgic fun of the PNE.
- Catching sockeye on the Fraser is the worst salmon fishing experience in B.C., but still great
- Celebrating 70 years of trolleybuses in Vancouver (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
- You can ride through Vancouver on this vintage 1954 trolleybus
- Sparkle Media
- Erin’s Instagram accounts: @sparklemedia @erincg @makingbabysousa
- “Instagram: Then and Now” from Aug. 2017 by Erin Sousa
- This new Vancouver vodka comes in a bottle that’s a functioning Ouija board
- 25 vintage photos of Playland and the PNE’s first half-century
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji and Melissa Shaw.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!