Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
March 9 – 15, 2019
1. This week on the Vancouver Is Awesome Podcast, we are switching things up from the usual routine so that we can bring to you Tip of the Tongue, a seriously playful take on this week’s news from Vancouver and pop culture.
Hosted by V.I.A.’s own Adam Nanji, Tip of the Tongue pits Vancouver Is Awesome’s Bob Kronbauer and Lindsay William-Ross against Michael Kissinger and John Kurucz of the Vancouver Courier in a head to head battle where the questions were ripped from the headlines.
Who knows more about B.C. politics, vegan sausage, or celebrity feuds? You’ll have to tune in to find out.
2. Crowdfunding campaign launched to save B.C.’s World Record tallest gnome.
3. IKEA gets the ball rolling in Canada with new salmon meatballs.
4. New 6.5 km walking and biking trail planned for West Vancouver.
5. First Indigenous woman-owned airline in Canada launches out of YVR.
6. Fully-licensed night market returns for summer 2019.
7. Fun City Sliders will turn a North Vancouver street into a giant slip-and-slide.
8. This popular Hawaiian matcha café is opening a Metro Vancouver location.
9. Vancouver Wine Fest celebrates local excellence.
10. 25 awesome Vancouver food events to check out this March.
11. This raccoon snuck into a BC Hydro truck to grab lunch and a nap.
12. This bone-chilling Metro Vancouver ghost tour takes you through a haunted tattoo parlour.
13. Vancouver’s biggest tabletop board game convention takes place this month.
14. Metro Vancouver’s old interurban line could be revived as hydrogen-powered commuter rail system.
15. Wrestlers take on epic burger-eating challenge at Metro Vancouver restaurant.
16. This Easter egg hunt near Vancouver is for grown-ups only.
17. Vancouver International Burlesque Festival set to electrify the city next month.
18. Here comes the sun: Vancouver forecast calling for a week of straight sunshine.
19. TransLink says its new SeaBus will start running this summer.
20. This massive 10-day carnival with 100+ rides comes to Metro Vancouver this month.
21. Vancouver Ukulele Festival celebrates 10 years of persistence and plucking.
22. These Metro Vancouver twins are Sport BC’s Team of the Year.