Vancouver International Airport has been named one of the top ten international airports for wellness according to a recent study.
The list ranks 25 airports on the efforts they make to help passengers be healthy and feel good – both physically and mentally.
An online travel website called Netflights compiled the data by analyzing a range of factors that ranged from massage access and spas, to meditation areas and gyms. Other factors included access to yoga classes, a running track, outdoor green spaces, relaxation spaces and prayer rooms.
Frankfurt International ranked first, and was noted for being the eighth busiest airport in the world. In addition, it also ranked highly for having plenty of relaxation areas, yoga classes, spas, outdoor green spaces, meditation areas, and prayer rooms.
Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam came second, and was noted for being the world’s fourth busiest airport. It was also highlighted for having plenty of relaxation areas, meditation areas, spas, and access to outdoor green spaces.
Dubai International came third, and was noted as being the busiest airport in the world for its international passenger traffic. In addition, the ranking highlighted that it even, “has a zen garden filled with fish ponds, shrubs, bushes and palm trees to allow passengers to unwind in a calming green space.”
Vancouver International Airport tied the John F. Kennedy International Airport for sixth. The ranking reports that Vancouver’s airport is, “surrounded by stunning, natural places to spend the day – check out Iona Beach, the cutely named Flight Path Park, or the banks of the Fraser River.”
Top International Airports for Wellness
1. Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt
2. Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam
3. Dubai International, Dubai
4. Changi Airport, Singapore
5. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
6. Vancouver International Airport, Vancouver, John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York
7. Haneda Airport, Tokyo
8. San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, Toronto Pearson International Airport, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok
9. O’Hare International Airport, Chicago
10. Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi