Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
July 6 – 12, 2019
1. Burnaby punk rocker/politician Joe Keithley is starting a music charity for kids
2. 23 projects were funded to help restore British Columbia’s fragile salmon stocks
3. Ride-hailing may hit B.C. roads by September.
5. This massive fried egg jellyfish was spotted off B.C.’s Sunshine Coast.
6. Tokyo’s Afuri Ramen + Dumpling is opening it’s first Canadian location in Metro Vancouver.
7. This North Vancouver couple converts ordinary vans into epic travel vehicles.
8. Vancouver’s seventh cannabis store is set to open.
9. The most Vancouver menu ever is at the most unexpected place: city-run concession stands.
10. We discovered what these strange granite markers in Kitsilano mean.
11. A pop-up donut business with a cult following has planned a permanent Metro Vancouver shop.
12. These 7 Vancouver parks will get new playgrounds this year.
13. You can rent a private yacht and sail the breathtaking B.C. coast this summer
14. Vancouver tied with Toronto for the hottest office market in North America.
15. This popular Vancouver restaurant has an old school throwback menu this month.
16. This massive summer bike rave takes place in Vancouver tonight.
17. You can put your love of beer and art on two wheels for this fun East Van brewery crawl.
18. Starbucks unleashed this summer’s wildly colourful sugary explosion.
19. ‘Period Promise’: Vulnerable B.C. women will get access to free tampons and pads.
20. You can get ice cream made from fresh soy milk at this new Metro Vancouver dessert cafe.
21. Over 100 Canadian breweries will take part in this epic B.C. beer festival.
22. Get ready for this ‘celli: A new Vietnamese food cart will hit Vancouver streets this month.
23. These two just-opened FreshCo locations in Metro Vancouver are the “ultimate desi grocery store”.
24. There’s a really, really, really, ridiculously good outdoor screening of Zoolander happening in Downtown Vancouver.
25. These two new insane summer treats bring hot fried chicken and ice cream sandwiches together
Have an AWESOME weekend!