Over three dozen of the province's artisan distilleries will be pouring it on this April at the sixth-annual BC Distilled.
Taking place on April 6, this premiere spirits event brings together B.C.'s craft spirits creators for a fantastic tasting event, where enjoying each and every sip is wholly encouraged.
Each of the 38 participating distilleries will have staff on hand so that you can learn more about the product - often that person is the distiller themselves. The event is designed to be a comfortable, leisurely evening of drinks and conversation, rather than a crowded free-for-all. Samples aren't ticketed, so you are free to finish only what you want.
Additionally, an on-site pop-up Legacy Liquor shop means you can bring the spirit(s) home with you.
“The overall quality and variety of spirits has improved every year that I’ve run the festival. There’s never been a better time to get into local spirits," says Alex Hamer, BC Distilled’s founder.
To get into the mood for the big tasting event, on Friday, April 5, BC Distilled will hold their popular Distillers Dinner at Forage restaurant. Chef Welbert Choi will feature six cocktail and spirit samples from BC distilleries, paired with six terroir-based courses. An optional cocktail reception preceding the dinner will be hosted at Timber Gastropub, with a seventh distillery providing cocktails. This dinner always sells out, and is great fun, so grab a seat while you can.
Here are the participating distilleries for the 6th annual BC Distilled tasting event:
- The 101 Brewhouse + Distillery
- After Dark Distillery Ltd.
- Alchemist Distiller, Inc.
- Ampersand Distilling Company
- Arbutus Distillery
- Bruinwood Estate Distillery
- Central City Brewers & Distillers
- de Vine Spirits
- Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers
- The Dubh Glas Distillery
- Fermentorium Distilling Co.
- Forbidden Spirits Distilling Co.
- Legend Distilling
- The Liberty Distillery
- Mad Laboratory Distilling
- Maple Leaf Spirits Inc.
- Merridale Cidery & Distillery
- Monashee Spirits Craft Distillery Ltd.
- Moon Distillery Ltd.
- Odd Society Spirits
- Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery
- Old Order Distilling Co.
- Pacific Rim Distilling
- Pemberton Distillery Inc.
- Resurrection Spirits
- Salt Spring Shine Craft Distillery
- Shelter Point Distillery
- Sheringham Distillery
- Sons of Vancouver Distillery
- Taunton Bay Spirits
- Tofino Distillery
- True North Distilleries
- Tumbleweed Spirits
- Urban Distilleries & Winery
- Victoria Caledonian
- Wayward Distillation House
- The Woods Spirit Co.
- Yaletown Distilling Company
When: Saturday, April 6, 2019. Trade/VIP Tasting from 2-4:30 pm; Public Tasting from 6-9 pm
Where: Croatian Cultural Centre - 3520 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
Tickets: Available online