Just when Spring Break was kicking off in mid-March, entertainment venues and facilities across Metro Vancouver and the province were forced to shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Among them: FlyOver Canada, the immersive indoor film and ride experience that takes guests on a breathtaking journey across the country or other scenic plaes.
Three months have passed, and as B.C. appears to have flattened the curve of COVID-19 and is moving towards expanded re-openings as part of our province's third phase of the "Restart" plan, more temporarily shuttered venues are revealing plans to once again welcome the public - with new safety protocols in place.
FlyOver Canada has announced they will re-open on June 18.
In their "Safety Promise" to guests, FlyOver Canada outlines all of the new measures they are implemented to keep people safe from the spread of COVID-19:
- Reduced capacity per ride to ensure you and your group have proper spacing between other groups.
- Only accepting credit and debit payments to reduce physical interactions between guests and staff.
- They have removed plush toys and other textured items from the retail store to ensure no germs are being transferred between guests.
- Plastic gloves are provided to all guests upon arrival.
- Floor markings show 2-metre/6-foot distances in all required areas and stanchions are used to separate people to ensure distancing.
- Each small group will have a Flight Guide at all times to make sure social distance rules are being considered.
- All guest and staff spaces have undergone deep cleaning with bleach, and will continue to be cleaned frequently throughout daily operations.
- The ride will be fully sanitized between guests
- You’ll also find hand sanitizer stations at all property entrances, public spaces and near washrooms.
FlyOver Canada adds that their staff have also received increased training, put up clear signage regarding new protocols, and must adhere to rigorous health and safety standards themselves.
Opened in June 2013, FlyOver Canada has been a fun destination for locals and tourists in Vancouver, particularly because the indoor experience is something to be enjoyed rain or shine.
In addition to the FlyOver Canada program, which finds guests soaring across our beautiful country to see its vast sights, sounds, and even smells, the venue will offer the Experience Iceland program, which had just launched when they had to close down.
FlyOver's Experience Iceland, which premiered in Reykjavík in the fall of 2019, will show twice an hour in Vancouver, from June 18 through August 30.
"During this limited-time experience, you will hang suspended, feet dangling, before a 20-metre spherical screen while our film whisks you away on an exhilarating journey across and above spectacular Iceland. Special effects, including wind, mist and scents, combine with the ride’s motion to create a truly unforgettable experience."
To get back into the swing of things, they'll have discounted pricing: kids ride free with purchase of an adult ticket and adult tickets are 25% off.
FlyOver Canada is located at 201 - 999 Canada Place in Vancouver