We released Episode 5 of the Vancouver Is Awesome podcast today!
This week's guest is CBC Vancouver's Johanna Wagstaffe, science reporter and author of a new children's book about earthquakes, Fault Lines. We chat about her book, the earthquake podcast she hosted, if and how we can be prepared for the big quake that's on the horizon, and more.
Show notes for Episode 5:
- Olympic figure skater Patrick Chan got kicked out of the Liquor Barn.
- What it's like to ride Vancouver's double decker bus.
- Hillary Clinton tells Vancouver "What happened".
- Lego Star Wars Mini Fig poses with Vancouver landmarks.
- Carly Fairbank does amazing Vancouver-menu-inspired illustrations on Instagram.
- @thatpastagirl handmakes the pasta for Nook, Tavola and Oddfish and she shares the process on Instagram.
- Inside This Monkey's Gone to Heaven, Vancouver’s coolest curiosity shop.
- Our history TV show is called BC Was Awesome and you can watch all 22 episodes for free.
- Johanna's earthquake book for kids.
- The earthquake podcast she hosted, for adults.
- In case you didn't know, V.I.A. is now part of Glacier Media.
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji and Brenna Temple.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!