With six breweries in Strathcona, the local BIA has decided to celebrate local brewers with a week just for them.
And it's right now.
Strathcona Brewery Week kicked off Monday, June 6 and runs until June 12.
"Beer lovers and adventure-goers alike are encouraged to stop by one of our top-notch breweries, grab a drink, do some brewery trivia, and discover some of the best fun that the Strathcona neighbourhood has to offer," says the BIA in a press release.
Vancouver is well known as one of Canada's beer capitals, and the East Vancouver area that includes Strathcona is one of the most brewery-dense parts of Canada. The area has a significant residential area and the BIA includes some of the DTES, but six breweries have tucked themselves into the community.
- Container Brewing - 1216 Franklin St.
- Luppolo Brewing - 1123 Venables St.
- Hastings Mill Brewing - 403 E Hastings St.
- Settlement Brewing - 55 Dunlevy Ave.
- Strathcona Beer Company - 895 E Hastings St.
- Superflux Beer Company - 505 Clark Dr.
The beer week includes beer trivia with prizes for those scoring high on local brewery knowledge. If you're no good at trivia, there's a draw for some gift cards as well.