This Halloween season join Forbidden Vancouver on their terrifying tour "The Lost Souls of Gastown."
The tour explores Vancouver's earliest and most gruesome history as it takes you on a scary walk through Historic Gastown as well as its back streets and alleyways.
Along the way you'll learn how the city was once a wild frontier town that suffered a devastating fire, smallpox outbreaks, and unsolved murders. What's more, the walking tour is also a theatre piece, and therefore you'll be privy to some bone-chilling and convincing performances.
Created by the companying Chief Storyteller, Will Woods, the plot has a dramatic finale in the heart of Gastown’s Maple Tree Square.
"Relive the tale of John Bray and his mysterious death, along with stories of the people and events that shaped early Vancouver. The Lost Souls of Gastown is not a ghost tour. It’s an interactive gothic theatre experience that pulls you so deep into the swirling lamplight and darkened alleys of Gastown’s murky past, you may have a hard time finding your way back out…"
Highlights of the Tour
- Led by a professional actor.
- Designed for adult audiences.
- Gothic stories of the city’s dark early history.
- Meet at Cathedral Square beneath the bells of the Holy Rosary Cathedral.
- Finishes in Maple Tree Square, surrounded by the city’s best bars and restaurants.
Places You’ll Visit
- Gaoler’s Mews
- Maple Tree Square
- Holy Rosary Cathedral
- The Gassy Jack statue
- The iconic Gastown Steamclock
- Hudson’s Bay Company warehouse
- Hotel Europe – world famous flatiron building
- The CPR railyards – once 10 feet underwater
- The Hotel Victorian – Vancouver’s oldest hotel
- Sites of the city’s first jailhouse, first bawdy house and first saloon
The Lost Souls of Gastown
When: October 13th - October 31st every night during the Halloween season
Time: 8 PM
Where: Meeting point - Cathedral Square, Dunsmuir & Richards streets, Vancouver
Price: $28 adult | $25 senior/student
Duration & length: 1 hour 30 minutes | 1 km distance.
Clicker here to check ticket availability and book now.