This week on the Vancouver Is Awesome Podcast is a rare treat: An extended chat about marriage, sex, ice cream, and a whole lot more.
Hosts Bob Kronbauer and Lindsay William-Ross are joined in studio by V.I.A. reporter Melissa Shaw to talk about a recent poll showing Canadians are lukewarm about the necessity of marriage, and more.
The trio also discuss Perverted Ice Cream's sex-centric motifs and marketing approach. There are the food oddities found at the just-opened Richmond Night Market (hello churros and mini pool floaties) and the inventive marketing for the upcoming Vancouver-filmed Deadpool 2.
Also on the table: Field trips to the Vancouver Landfill and the Southeast False Creek Neighbourhood Energy Utility (aka the "Poop Fingers" place), and a visit to Galiano Island. We cover the possible plastic straw ban in the City of Vancouver, and the Gastown building that used to be a major public transit hub a century ago.
- Poll: Canadians are lukewarm on the idea of marriage
- A business called Perverted Ice Cream is coming to Vancouver
- City of Vancouver invites the public to a “family fun adventure” at the dump
- Vancouver's Southeast False Creek Neighbourhood Energy Utility
- Céline Dion - Ashes (from the Deadpool 2 Motion Picture Soundtrack) video
- Deadpool 2 | With Apologies to David Beckham video
- Ryan Reynolds showed up on a South Korean singing show dressed as a unicorn
- 14 yummy treats to chow down on at the Richmond Night Market
- City staff report recommends a ban on plastic straws in Vancouver
- This Vancouver building used to have streetcars going through it
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji and Melissa Shaw.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!