First, a toast to the terrific news that Vancouver is set to get a brand new week-long celebration of cocktails. Vancouver Cocktail Week will take place in March 2021, and it promises to be the city's biggest and best cocktail festival to date.
To give imbibers a preview of all the delicious tipples to come, Vancouver Cocktail Week is hosting a preview event during Dine Out Vancouver's upcoming 2020 festival.
The Punch Brunch is a boozy brunch that will bring together some of the city's top bartenders with delicious food at the award-winning Botanist restaurant.
The Fairmont Pacific Rim's lush, pastel-hued and plant-filled upper level wonderland recently debuted their weekend Punch Brunch menu, and they'll really be dialling things up a notch when Dine Out Vancouver comes around.
Punch Brunch - the event - takes place on Sunday, January 26, 2020, and will feature exceptional punch-style cocktails will be paired with a four-course, sit-down feast of executive chef Hector Laguna's finely crafted gourmet brunch fare.
Plus, during Punch Brunch, guests can enjoy lively cocktail demonstrations from the bartenders and live jazz music to keep your toes tapping while your glasses are clinking.
Who's pouring at Punch Brunch, you ask?
- Amber Bruce, bar manager of the Keefer Bar (No. 2 on Canada's 50 Best Bars) and Vancouver Magazine's bartender of the year 2019.
- Jeff Savage, head bartender at Botanist Bar at Fairmont Pacific Rim, Diageo World Class Canada 2019 winner, runner-up in the World Class global finals and member of the Botanist's winning Bols Around the World 2019 team.
- Katie Ingram, singer, performer and award-winning bar manager at Elisa Steakhouse.
- Sabrine Dhaliwal, bar manager of Juke Fried Chicken, Rib & Cocktail Bar, and national ambassador for Belvedere Vodka and Hennessy Cognac.
- Sean McGuigan, head bartender at The Lobby Lounge and RawBar at Fairmont Pacific Rim named one of the Best Hotel Bars (The Americas) by Tales of the Cocktail.
Even better: Partial proceeds from this event will go to support the BC Hospitality Foundation.
Of course, bar stars galore will be shaking and stirring things up in March 2021 when Vancouver Cocktail Week debuts. The event is put on by our sibling publication, The Alchemist, who have their fingers on the pulse of everything cocktail-related in Vancouver, for sure.
The Punch Brunch (VCW 2021 Preview)
When: Sun. Jan. 26, 2020 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Botanist - 1038 Canada Place, Vancouver (Fairmont Pacific Rim)
Cost: $125 inclusive of taxes, gratuities & ticketing fees; tickets & information here