The jolliest parade of the year returns to Vancouver this weekend, and with it some major street closures.
The festive parade kicks off at noon; the 1.8 kilometre route begins at Georgia and Broughton, travels east on Georgia to Howe, turns south on Howe, and finishes at Howe and Davie.
The festive event features marching bands, dance troupes, festive floats and community groups, which entertain over 300,000 spectators. As a result, it requires a great deal of space.
The countdown is on! Come to Christmas Square at 10am on Sunday. Then the #TELUSSantaClausParade starts at noon, followed by Photos with Santa 2pm @TELUS Garden. https://t.co/7zXJimXU7Y pic.twitter.com/VMXWD9H3qx
— VanSantaClausParade (@VanSantaParade) November 28, 2019
Parking restrictions in effect 6:30 am to 4:00 pm
Road Closure 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
(Except Broughton, from Robson to Alberni Road Closure is 7:00 to 3:00 pm)
- South side West Georgia between Cardero and Broughton
- Both sides Alberni between Cardero and Jervis
- Both sides Nicola between West Georgia and Robson
- Both sides Broughton between West Georgia and Robson
- West Georgia will remain open as long as possible prior to the parade but road closures will be in effect on above sections of Alberni, Nicola and Broughton.
Parade Route: (See below)
Parking restrictions in effect 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Road Closure in effect 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- West Georgia from Cardero to Seymour
- Howe from Dunsmuir to Davie
Dispersal Area: – see streets listed below
Parking restrictions in effect 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Road Closure 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Both sides Hornby, between Davie and Pacific
- Both sides Drake, between Howe and Burrard
- East side Burrard from Pacific to Davie
- The above sections of Hornby, Drake and Burrard
In order to ensure the safety of the parade participants and spectators, City work crews will be posting temporary no stopping signs along the parade route and in the marshalling and dispersal areas. Vancouver Police will be on hand to assist with road closures and any safety related issues. We will make every effort to ensure the roads are re-opened as quickly as possible.
Telus presents the Vancouver Santa Claus Parade
When: Sunday, December 1 at noon
Where: Parade route begins at Georgia and Broughton in downtown Vancouver
With files from Lindsay William-Ross.