Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
Things to Know
- This residential school survivor just went pro for Colonialism Skateboards
2. These 2 breathtaking Vancouver pools are extending their summer schedules
3. Buckle up — Uber says it wants to operate in Vancouver
4. There is a mysterious buddha hidden in this breathtaking B.C. cave (PHOTOS)
5. Meet Vancouver’s Aloe Gal, she’ll help you keep your houseplants alive
6. These four-legged superbug fighters sniff out C. diff at Vancouver hospitals
Things to Eat
7. These are the intense burgers you can try during Metro Vancouver’s Burger Week
8. Here are 10 cool treats to try in Metro Vancouver before summer ends
9. Look inside Vancouver’s first café dedicated to Japanese soufflé pancakes
Things to See
10. Family of orcas give B.C. kayaker the ultimate birthday surprise (VIDEO)
11. Check out what it was like on the PNE midway back in 1960 (VIDEO)
12. This Vancouver artist’s massive 3D art will take your breath away
13. A behind-the-scenes look at the wildlife rehab centre in Kamloops (VIDEO)
14. International Dog Day: 23 photos of Vancouver doggos that will melt your heart
15. This is what it’s like to go paragliding from Grouse Mountain (VIDEO)
16. How UBC’s landscapers maintain 172 hectares of gardens (VIDEO)
Things to Do
17. There’s still time to frolic at three different sunflower fields in B.C.
18. You can SUP down a majestic river to a brewery on this B.C. tour
19. This boozy Disney-themed brunch is happening in Vancouver soon
20. Drifting paradise: This stunning lazy river in B.C. offers scenic views for miles
21. Sail on a lavish Disney Cruise Line ship from Vancouver this September
22. Check out this Vancouver laneway that has transformed into a colourful ‘Canvas Corridor’
23. You can go stand up paddleboarding on water as blue as the Caribbean sea in B.C.
24. Get on ‘island time’: Here's our travel guide to Quadra Island, B.C.
25. You might be able to see the northern lights over Metro Vancouver this weekend. Fingers crossed.