With Vancouver's many craft breweries unable to serve their patrons a sit-down experience in taprooms and brewpubs, and the ongoing orders of our civic, provincial, and federal leaders to stay home as much as possible, getting some fresh sips of local brews isn't as easy as it was before the COVID-19 crisis.
Many of B.C. breweries have expanded their offerings for delivery, and B.C. restaurants are now allowed to include bottled and canned alcohol sales with take-out or delivery food purchases.
But now there's also the Beer Van, which is doing same-day beer deliveries within the City of Vancouver, helping you get your hands on your favourite and as-yet discovered local craft brews. As a delicious bonus, they can also deliver Dickie's Ginger Beer and Oddity Kombucha, both locally-made non-alcoholic options, for those in your home who don't imbibe.
Delivery is free for orders over $40; orders under $40 have a $5 delivery fee.
The following companies have beers or beverages available via the Beer Van:
- Luppolo Brewing Company
- Slow Hand Beer Company
- Temporal Artisan Ales
- Faculty Brewing Company
- Dickie's Ginger Beer
- Oddity Kombucha
The Beer Van is employing brewery workers who would otherwise be out of work to make their deliveries, which is terrific for the local economy, but also a caution to be patient and to ensure you've included a phone number with your order so these new-to-delivery folks can connect with you to clarify anything about your order.
Here's what Beer Van wants you to know about ordering with them:
- Delivery is available to the City of Vancouver. Orders placed for delivery to addresses outside Vancouver will be cancelled and refunded.
- A $5 delivery charge will be charged for orders under $40.
- Our van will begin making deliveries at 2pm every day. Depending on order volume and routing, your order could arrive any time between 2pm and 9pm.
- Please leave detailed delivery instructions in the notes to seller section in the checkout process.
- We require 2 pieces of ID for all deliveries.
- Deliveries are made by brewery employees who would otherwise be out of work. While we will be trying our best, we are not professional delivery drivers and some orders will require some problem solving to fulfill, which may require some help on your end. Please be patient and please enter a valid phone number!
You can follow @beervancollective on Instagram for service updates.