For those travelling between Vancouver and Vancouver Island today, BC Ferries may not be an option.
Multiple sailings have been cancelled due to the wind, mostly between Vancouver and Nanaimo or Victoria (Sidney).
"The safety of our passengers and crew is of primary importance to us. We don't take the decision to cancel sailings lightly, as we know customers rely on us to get to their destinations. We will resume service as soon as it is safe to do so," states BC Ferries on the company's website.
Currently, the following sailings are cancelled:
Between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay:
- 3:00 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 5:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
- 7:00 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 7:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
- 9:00 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 9:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
Between Horseshoe Bay and Departure Bay
- 3:20 pm departing Departure Bay
- 3:45 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
- 5:55 pm departing Departure Bay
- 6:35 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
- 8:45 pm departing Departure Bay
- 10:10 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
Between Tsawwassen and Duke Point
- 3:15 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 3:15 pm departing Duke Point
- 5:45 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 5:45 pm departing Duke Point
- 8:15 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 8:15 pm departing Duke Point
- 10:45 pm departing Tsawwassen
- 10:45 pm departing Duke Point
"Reserved customers who have not yet checked in will be advised of the cancellation and their reservation fees will be automatically refunded," states BC Ferries on their website.
Other routes have been affected as well:
Modified Schedule for sailings between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale
- 6:30 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
- 7:30 pm departing Langdale
- 8:40 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
- 9:35 pm departing Langdale
- 10:55 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
The 5:30 pm sailing leaving from Horseshoe Bay and the 6:40 pm sailing leaving from Langdale have both been cancelled.
For the most up-to-date information about cancellations, visit the BC Ferries website.