Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

Goodbye, sun: Vancouver forecast calls for rain or showers for the next 7 straight days

Keep your umbrella handy this week.
rain-umbrella-vancouver-weather
The Vancouver weather forecast calls for a great deal of wet weather in the coming days, albeit with much warmer temperatures than last week.

You're going to need to keep your umbrella on deck this week. 

The Vancouver weather forecast calls for a great deal of wet weather in the coming days, albeit with much warmer temperatures than last week.

Starting Friday, Jan. 29, Vancouverites can expect a 40 per cent chance of showers during the day and a 60 per cent chance of showers at night. On Saturday, however, the forecast calls for rain all day and night. 

The rain is expected to turn into showers Sunday, which are expected to continue through the night, too. Starting Monday, the forecast calls for a 60 per cent chance of showers during the day and cloudy periods at night. 

Both Wednesday's and Thursday's forecasts are calling for the chance of rainfall, too.

Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast 

vancouver-weather-rain-week-january.jpg. By Photo via Environment Canada

While Vancouverites have enjoyed a relatively mild winter so far, Environment Canada cautions that we aren't out of the woods yet. 

In a recent interview, Environment Canada Meteorologist Doug Lundquist told Vancouver Is Awesome that "It's halfway through winter--so we have another half to go through.

"And we can get snow--definitely in the latter part of January, February and sometimes March."

Lundquist stresses that snow events are far less likely heading into spring, but they can't be ruled out entirely. That said, he notes that the La Niña pattern is still affecting weather in the region, which could mean temperatures will dip a bit below average.