A man whom police deem "a significant risk to adolescent females and sex workers in the city" will be residing in Vancouver, according to police.
Jatin Patel, 46, is a high-risk sex offender who is currently serving a seven-year Long Term Supervision Order for a conviction of sexual assault.
Vancouver Police state Patel is South Asian, five foot two, and has a medium build, with short black hair and brown eyes.
Additionally, the VPD indicate Patel must comply with a list of conditions stipulating he:
- cannot consume, purchase, or possess alcohol;
- cannot consume, purchase, or possess drugs other than prescribed medication;
- cannot associate with any person believed to be involved in criminal activity or substance misuse;
- must not be in the presence of any female under age 18 unless accompanied by an adult;
- cannot be in, near, or around any park, daycare, school, swimming pool, or recreational centre unless accompanied by an adult;
- must not own, use, or possess any technological device that would allow access to internet;
- must not have contact with, or be in or near locations where sex workers are; and
- must reside at a Community Correctional Centre or a Community Residential Facility, or other residential facility.
Anyone who witnesses Patel in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1, add authorities.