Drivers and commuters will want to take note of how a couple of Vancouver film sets will affect traffic in the city this week.
A resident notification letter from production company TB Productions dba Todd Productions Inc states that filming will take place in the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood in the 3000 block of Main Street on Wednesday, Aug. 10 from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. The crew will start setting up for the shoot on Tuesday night, however.
One of the scenes will feature a car pulling up in front of 3021 Main St. where actors exit the vehicle and walk to the sidewalk. There will also be some "dialogue scenes" in front of the building, as well as some interior filming of the interior and exterior back entrance.
Temporary "no stopping" zones and bus stop changes include:
- Tuesday from 6 p.m. to Wednesday at 11 p.m.: The north side of East 14th from Main Street going west "for about a third of the street."
- Tuesday from 6 a.m. to Thursday at noon: The north side of East 14th from Quebec Street "going each about two-thirds of the street."
- Tuesday from 6 p.m. to Wednesday at 11 p.m.: The east side of Quebec Street north of East 14th for roughly 150 feet.
- Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.: The west side of Main Street from East 14th to East 15th. The bus stop will be moved south closer to East 15th Street.
- Wednesday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.: The "first metered parking spot" on the south side of East 14th.
Under "street closures and traffic control," the company notes that "ITC/Safety" is in the parking lane on the 3000 block of Main street.
Family Law filming in Vancouver's Kitsilano neighbourhood
Family Law is filming scenes in Kitsilano on Wednesday from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. at Armoury Studios located at 1688 W 1st Ave., according to a resident notification law by FLS2 Production Services Inc.
The crew will start setting up for filming on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., however. They will also return on Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to restore the studio after filming.
Temporary "no stopping" zones include:
- Tuesday from 7 a.m. to Thursday at 7 p.m.: The street parking on the south side of the 1600 block of W 1st from Pine Street to the East Property Line of 1650 West 1st Avenue.
- Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.: The street parking on the south side of the 1600 block of W 1st from Pine Street to the East Property Line of 1650 W 1st Ave. to Fir Street.
It’s very rare for Vancouver to play itself in a TV show, making Family Law (set at a downtown Vancouver law firm) unique. Starring Victor Garber, season three is now filming, and the Corus series has been picked up for international syndication, including Italy, Australia and the US (on The CW).
The one-hour drama follows a "group of flawed family members who reluctantly work together at their father's law firm in downtown Vancouver," according to IMDB.
Locals have previously shared images of the company filming scenes at Jericho beach.
With files from Maria Tallarico