When planning a retreat in Whistler, there’s so much more to explore beyond the regular stops of this four-season playground. By staying outside of the bustling Village center, you’ll uncover endless opportunities for outdoor adventures!
Slopeside on Blackcomb Mountain, Blackcomb Springs Suites by CLIQUE is a slopeside resort nestled among the ancient cedar forests, offering a peaceful family-friendly, pet-friendly, and adventure-ready retreat for visitors while they’re in Whistler.
Living Room in 1-Bedroom Suite. Photo: Blackcomb Springs Suites.
Blackcomb Springs Suites offers a range of studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom suites, some with slopeside or mountain views.
Each one of the spacious, condo-style suites include warm wood accents and rock fireplaces, a fully-equipped kitchen, dining room, and living room, bedrooms with Egyptian cotton bedding, floor-to-ceiling windows, and walk-out balconies, thus providing a warm and luxurious environment for the duration of your Whistler stay.
Pool Area. Photo: Blackcomb Springs Suites.
After a long day of exploring outdoors, visitors can relax at Blackcomb Springs Suites’ year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tub facilities, which is surrounded by greenery and overlooks the Blackcomb Gondola.
Other on-site amenities for guests include a fitness room, a rental shop (in the winter season only), bike storage, a ping pong table, meeting rooms, free high-speed wifi, and secured underground parking. Plus, with the free shuttle available out front, access to Whistler Village is made easy!
Ascent Trails. Whistler Blackcomb, Christie Fitzpatrick @gnarstie.
As one of the true ski-in, ski-out locations at Whistler Resort, Blackcomb Springs Suites will have you outdoors within minutes! Within easy access and walking distance are a host of fabulous hiking and biking trails available just right outside the resort’s door.
Adventurous visitors wanting to escape the city and connect with nature can explore the Blackcomb Ascent Trails — three interconnected uphill hiking trails that wind its way through old growth coastal rainforest terrain from the valley bottom to the Rendezvous Lodge on Blackcomb Mountain, totalling 6.2 km with an elevation gain of 1200 metres, over the course of approximately 3.5 hours.
Once at the top, hikers can choose to continue along the Blackcomb Alpine Trails, where they choose to hike the following routes:
- Alpine Loop (1.4 km and 72 metres) for a spectacular view of the valley from Fitzsimmons Lookout.
- Overlord Trail (3.7 km and 124 metres), with a wide variety of rich alpine wildflowers, views of Overlord Glacier, and alpine lakes with glacier runoffs.
- Marmot Trail (1.2 km and 183 metres) is an uphill trail taking you from the tree line up to the high alpine.
- Lakeside Loop (2.2 km and 72 metres) is a short hike that will take you to a field of alpine wildflowers with Blackcomb Lake nestled below the mountain's peak.
- Decker Loop (3.3 km and 214 metres), a world-class alpine trail that takes you into Garibaldi Provincial Park with views of ancient mountain peaks, Overlord Glacier, and the Decker Tarn glacial alpine lake.
For those looking for a Whistler adventure that provides even more of an adrenaline rush, embark on an RZR guided tour with The Adventure Group, where you can 4-wheel drive through the pristine backcountry and navigate past breathtaking rainforests, glacial lakes and rivers, and mountain vistas.
Blackcomb Springs Suites is the place to stay in Whistler, where your adventures begin and end each day!
For reservations and more information, visit blackcombspringssuites.ca.
RZR Tour. Photo: The Adventure Group Whistler.
We’ve partnered with Blackcomb Springs Suites to award one lucky winner with an amazing Whistler Mountain experience package!
The Blackcomb Springs Suites Grand Prize includes:
- 2-nights accommodation in a 1-bedroom suite at Blackcomb Springs Suites (Valued up to $879)
- Complimentary parking (Valued at $46) and pet fee and amenities (Valued at $50) included with your stay
- A 4-seat RZR tour with The Adventure Group in Whistler (Valued at $399)
- A $100 gift certificate to Milestones Restaurant
Total Grand Prize Value: $1473 CAD
You can enter via the contest entry form below. For additional chances to win, visit Blackcomb Springs Suites at their website for 10 bonus entries, and visit their Facebook and Instagram for another 25 bonus entries each.
This contest is open to British Columbia residents and closes on August 11, 2021. The contest winner will be contacted via email on this date.