An all-encompassing summer vacation that’s quintessentially west coast is closer than you think.
Vancouver — the city of urban delights and natural wonders — offers many experiences that locals and visitors alike will love to explore.
So whether you’re looking to go neighbourhood hopping or trail trekking, consider these ideas for what to add to your Vancouver travel itinerary!
Westin Bayshore. Photo provided by Tourism Vancouver.
Enjoy the full city vacation experience by booking an overnight stay.
Vancouver hotels offer many appealing amenities, as why not take advantage of them all during this rare time of unlimited access?
The outdoor pools in Vancouver’s downtown core offer stunning views of the Coal Harbour waterfront outside and the North Shore mountains in the distance. Among the top outdoor pools in the vicinity include the 50ft rooftop pool at Fairmont Waterfront, the heated saltwater pool at Pan Pacific Vancouver, and the pool at Westin Bayshore, where guests can even try liquid yoga on the water.
To indulge in some more self care during your Vancouver hotel stay, treat yourself to the best luxury spa treatments in the city at CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver, Sense at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Pacific Rim, and Absolute Spa at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Gastown. Photo: Jason Yeh / Unsplash.
Head out on the town for world-class shopping and dining.
To find a piece of Vancouver to take home, take a stroll around the shopping districts that make up the city’s unique neighbourhoods.
Along Robson, Vancouver’s most popular shopping street, you’ll spot the biggest brands along with local retail chains. In Gastown, you can find fashion boutiques, modern homewares, and cool gift shops along the cobblestone sidewalks.
South Granville is known for the area’s concentration of exclusive European designer boutiques, gourmet grocery stores, and art galleries featuring both local and international artworks. Or, head over to the public market and artisan studios on Granville Island for something truly unique and local.
Each Vancouver neighbourhood’s character is also reflected in the dining options, such as:
- A reimagined steakhouse experience at Elisa in Yaletown.
- Fresh seafood on the waterfront at Coal Harbour’s LIFT Bar Grill View
- Eat Bar & Patio Haraheri by Robson Square for Japanese izakaya dishes and beer on the rooftop.
- Di Beppe and La Mezcaleria in Gastown for traditional Italian pizza and pasta and authentic Mexican dishes and drinks.
For a few of Vancouver’s best bar experiences, check out the Lobby Lounge RawBar at Fairmont Pacific Rim, the extensive Belgian beer list and patio at Chambar, and the fine wines and cocktails at Reflections: The Garden Terrace at Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
Stanley Park Seawall. Photo provided by Tourism Vancouver.
Spend quality time in Vancouver’s great outdoors.
The abundance of parks, beaches, and trails in Vancouver means that there’s no shortage of outdoor adventures to get into during your time in the city!
For a fun and relaxing day at the beach, swim in the water and lay on the sand at English Bay, Kitsilano Beach, and Second and Third Beaches in Stanley Park. And you can take your pick of parks to spend a sunny afternoon at, such as Harbour Green Park in Coal Harbour and David Lam Park in Yaletown.
If you want to try something new and see some of Vancouver’s most popular attractions, sign up for a guided tour experience in the city with Viator:
- On the Grouse Mountain & Capilano Suspension Bridge tour, take a walk on the wild side in the forest, and then see the world from the top as you ride the Grouse Mountain Skyride — the largest aerial tramway in North America.
- The Half-Day Whale Watching Adventure gives you the opportunity to see the Pacific Ocean whales up close. Hop aboard the 80-foot flagship catamaran, soak up views of the Gulf Islands, San Juan Islands, and Howe Sound, and keep your eyes peeled for marine life from one of several viewing areas.
- Soar above the city on the Vancouver Seaplane Tour and enjoy a bird's eye view of the picturesque harbour, downtown skyline, and nearby mountain peaks.
- Join the Vancouver Highlights Bike Tour for sightseeing that doubles as exercise. Great for riders of all levels, you can discover the beauty and culture of Vancouver on a leisurely ride along dedicated bike routes. Cruise along the historic neighbourhoods of Gastown and Chinatown, as well as Stanley Park's seawall for unbeatable views of the North Shore mountains, False Creek, and more.
Grouse Mountain. Photo: Viator.
For a limited time, you can enjoy 25% off Vancouver tours, sightseeing, and attractions with Viator using the promo code LOVETRANSIT.
As well, when you stay at one of Vancouver’s 39 downtown hotels, you can get up to $175 in Visa Reward Cards with a 2-night stay, plus a $50 Visa Reward Card with your 3rd stay. Book by August 3rd, with free cancellations up to 48 hours prior to your check-in date.
Take advantage of these special offers to rediscover all of the Vancouver adventures you’ve been missing!
For more Vancouver summer vacation ideas, visit tourismvancouver.com/love.