One of Canada's low-cost carriers will offer locals a new option to Alaska starting this summer.
Flair Airlines has announced a new service from Vancouver International Airport to Anchorage International Airport starting on May 19.
Passengers can enjoy the new destination with twice-weekly service from Vancouver to Anchorage. One-way fares from Vancouver to Anchorage, including taxes and fees, begin at $99.
“New service to Anchorage from Vancouver International Airport on Flair Airlines is an exciting and welcome addition for our passengers,” said Russell Atkinson, Director, Air Service Development, Vancouver Airport Authority.
“This nonstop connection will benefit both ends of the route, offering convenient and affordable travel between our two communities. We continue to be impressed by Flair’s growth and look forward to even more destinations in future.”
The carrier will also offer new routes from Ottawa International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport, in addition to increased frequencies across the country.
Summer Schedule Expansion
The airline has also introduced three new routes: Daily service from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Halifax Stanfield International Airport, as well as Ottawa International Airport to Charlottetown International Airport and Victoria Airport, operating 3x weekly and 2x weekly, respectively.
Flair also continues to fill out its summer schedule by adding frequencies to markets that show positive booking trajectories. Among others, Flair is increasing frequencies in the following markets:
- Toronto – Winnipeg: Up to 12x weekly
- Toronto – Saint John: Up to 4x weekly
- Ottawa – Winnipeg: Up to 4x weekly
- Ottawa – Vancouver: Up to 5x weekly
- Toronto – Victoria: Up to 2x weekly
- Vancouver – Edmonton: Up to 17x weekly
You can browse dates and book tickets with Flair online.
Metro Vancouver residents: What to know about travel right now
- Find out everything you need to know about international travel with our comprehensive travel guide for Canadians.
- Discover a tutorial on how to use the ArriveCAN app.
- See the testing and quarantine instructions you'll receive at Vancouver International Airport.
- Find out the best way to get a refund on your flight and not get taken advantage of by the airline with V.I.A.'s air passenger guide.
Disclaimer: Vancouver Is Awesome does not support travel during the non-essential travel advisory. Many foreign governments are implementing strict travel restrictions due to the spread of the Omicron variant and international transportation options may be limited. As a result, you may have difficulty returning to Canada.