Looking for a flight out of B.C. that won't break the bank?
When it comes to cross-Canada travel, most British Columbians are accustomed to doling out the big bucks. But a few flights from one of the country's discount carriers offer jaw-dropping savings on popular routes out of the Lower Mainland.
Flair Airlines isn't offering a sale right now but several of its regularly-priced flights cost under $100 CAD including all taxes and fees. In fact, some of them cost less than a pair of jeans.
For Metro Vancouverites looking to travel just east of the B.C. border, a flight out of Abbotsford only costs $19 CAD including all taxes and fees. There are several dates available and a return flight costs the same amount.
The budget Canadian airline will now offer non-stop, low-fare flights between eight Canadian cities and six U.S destinations: Fort Lauderdale, Orlando-Sanford, Hollywood-Burbank, Palm Springs, Phoenix and Las Vegas.
The new service to the six U.S cities is among several new destinations Flair is adding to its network as the airline rapidly grows to serve 26 destinations in Canada and the U.S.
You can browse dates and book tickets with Flair online.
What B.C. residents need to know about the Step 3 travel rules
British Columbians many enjoy travel across Canada rather than only within B.C. The province will also welcome travellers from other provinces to visit B.C
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has laid out travel manners and guidelines for everyone travelling within B.C.:
- getting vaccinated
- pre-trip planning and research before arriving at the destination
- respecting any local travel advisories to isolated and remote communities and Indigenous communities
- following mask guidelines
- respecting personal space and practicing good hygiene, including frequent handwashing
- no travelling for anyone who is sick, and if symptoms develop while travelling - self isolate immediately and contact 811 for guidance and testing
Find out everything B.C. residents need to know about the Step 3 travel rules.