The Lower Mainland was pelted with rainfall on Wednesday, July 17, but the Vancouver weather forecast calls for a sunny change of pace later in the week.
Environment Canada calls for rainfall until noon on Wednesday, followed by a cloudy period with a 60 percent chance of showers into the evening. Following this, Thursday's forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud in the morning and a 40 percent chance of showers in the afternoon.
Starting Friday, the forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 19°C. Following this, Saturday is also expected to see a mix of sun cloud with a high of 21°C.
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are expected to be hot and sunny, with daily highs of 23°C. Evening lows are expected to reach 15°C.
Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast
British Columbia saw an impressive 17 weather records broken across the province on Wednesday, June 13 due to a very strong ridge of high pressure.
The Vancouver Area broke its previous record of 27.4°C set in 1999 with a toasty high of 29.1°C. Similarly, the White Rock Area set a new daily high of 30.9°C, which broke its previous record of 29.4°C set in 1932.