Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
December 23-29, 2017
- A GoFundMe campaign was launched to aid the taxi driver involved in an accident this month on the Burrard Bridge.
2. We spiked our holiday week with 10 Christmas tunes from Vancouver bands.
3. Vancouver is so dang Instagrammable…and we love what we see in #vancouverisawesome.
4. Yes, you can recycle lots of your Christmas crap in Vancouver.
7. We like our improv with inclusivity.
8. Once upon a time we could skate in a lot of Vancouver’s parks…what a time!
9. Our city’s history is cool enough to include a UFO sighting that reminds us of this month’s SpaceX launch in California.
10. More snooooooowww!!!
11. One of Vancouver’s own police constables is also headed to the Winter Olympics for a fourth time on Canada’s women’s ice hockey team.
12. We’re home to one of the oldest Polar Bear Swims in history.
17. Meanwhile in Surrey…a group of school kids were issued a building permit for their gingerbread houses.
18. You could buy a slightly used BC Ferries boat for just a few grand.
19. A new piece of neon art is shining some love in Davie Village.
20. We talked with “Should I Be Worried?” artist Justin Langlois.
21. “Window Horses” explores tolerance and diversity with striking animation.
22. We’ll get a decent view of the Quadrantid Meteor Shower when it peaks on January 3.
25. Food trends: We got ’em.
27. One local group wants to help our nightlife scene get into “consent culture.”
28. A “miracle” tax return turned one local man’s life totally around for the better.
29. A Vancouver company is making sneakers that are 100% waterproof.
30. Hungry? We’ve got five just-opened or nearly-opened new Vancouver restaurants for you to check out this January.