Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
August 4 – August 10, 2018
1. On this week’s V.I.A. podcast, we revisited our chat with Jackie Kai Ellis, who opened up about about depression, and letting go of the Vancouver business she loved.
2. Ronald McDonald House launched a Home for Dinner program.
3. This Burnaby man spent 13 years getting a law changed to honour his sister.
5. There are 5 fun new brunches to try right now in Vancouver.
6. South Korea won the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light.
7. Toronto’s beloved Pizza Pizza chain is opening a Vancouver location.
8. Vancouver Mural Fest is splashing a new coat of paint across Mount Pleasant.
9. You can get a free outdoor chill zone for your cat.
10. Astronauts could train for space in a dive tank in a North Vancouver parking lot.
11. No need to fret, Vancouver guitar festival is back and bigger than ever.
12. A local couple tied the knot at a festival’s beer garden.
13. Here are 7 of the best spots to find FREE blackberries in Vancouver.
14. The first-ever Chilliwack Sunflower Festival is opening later this month.
15. This new light, sound installation lets you have a dance party in Ackery’s Alley.
16. See if you can spot the Vancouver landmarks in Blue J’s new music video.
17. This secret Metro Vancouver waterfront paradise that’s only a 10-min boat ride from Deep Cove.
18. Free outdoor movies are coming to Port Moody’s Rocky Point Park.
19. All the things you can eat and drink at the Burnaby Blues + Roots Fest.
20. The six super cute finalists in the City of Vancouver’s bike rack design contest.
21. Burnaby’s long-awaited first Pride event is this weekend.
22. Adult Pirate Pak Day is returning to White Spot this month.
23. This incredible, incredible beard just entered the Vancouver election race.
24. Safe & Sound Music Fest is bringing hip hop back to New West’s waterfront.
25. There are 3 incredible B.C. spots nominated for Canada’s Best New Restaurants 2018.
27. Vancouver’s best brewers are releasing experimental side project brews.
28. This new Vancouver vodka comes in a bottle that’s a functioning Ouija board.
29. Bob’s Sub is back in Richmond.
31. The endangered orca that sparked international rescue plans was spotted in B.C. waters.
32. Apparently scratching a cow is just as important as feeding it.
33. This new online map tracks legal bed and breakfasts in Richmond.
34. This totally amazing photo of golden hour on the seawall.
35. There’s a giant street party coming to Mount Pleasant this Saturday.