Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
April 6 – April 12, 2019
1. The City of Vancouver is asking artists for their best public art proposals.
2. Richmond’s Ukrainian community marks 80 years in town.
3. City of North Vancouver fast tracks Shipyards Brewery District.
4. You can find cool comics and collectibles at this Metro Vancouver expo.
5. These are the waterproof sneakers that every Vancouverite should own.
Leave it to a local brand to create the world’s first waterproof knit shoes! For those who love to adventure in style, Vessi Footwear is a must-try. Their patented waterproof Flash Knit technology will keep your feet dry no matter how hard the rain is falling and they’re giving V.I.A. readers a 15% discount until April 21, 2019. Use code VIAVESSI to get your first pair today. #sponsored
6. Donor found for Vancouver hockey coach whose young team launched video search for a kidney.
7. Dîner en Blanc will return to Vancouver again this summer.
8. This epic Game of Thrones finale feast in Vancouver is fit for a Khaleesi.
9. New plant-based restaurant with powerful purpose opening at River Market.
10. Get breakfast hot dogs and more on Japadog’s new morning menu.
11. This epic figure skating tour with Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir is coming to Vancouver.
12. Find tons of free food and a colourful celebration at Vancouver’s Vaisakhi Parade.
13. Vancouver’s Celebration of Light reveals competing countries and dates for 2019.
14. This adorable bunny agility demonstration takes place in Vancouver this month.
15. This new Metro Vancouver park will be 1.5 times the size of Stanley Park.
16. Enjoy a variety of FREE outdoor yoga classes in Vancouver this summer.
17. Festa della Polenta: New supper event recreates centuries-old communal feast.
19. Follow Vancouver’s most famous foodie for her first-ever chocolate bar collab.
20. Free pop-up weddings return to Vancouver’s Robson Square for one day this spring.
21. Check out 17 craft breweries during this one day ‘Yeast Van’ DIY beer crawl.
22. This boozy moonlit egg hunt takes place near Vancouver this weekend.
23. These charming bed and breakfasts in B.C. are perfect for spring getaways.
24. White Spot adding Beyond Meat burger to menu, giving out 300 FREE burgers in Vancouver for launch.
25. Meet the Indigenous carvers behind three giant welcome posts to be erected in Vancouver.
26. Farmhouse Fest back for 2019 with all-inclusive beer and cider pours.
27. 11 music and beer mash-ups you need to listen to/drink.
28. The Tuck Shoppe is bringing their epic sandwiches to a new Granville Island location.
29. Nanaimo bar among sweet messages on new stamps from Canada Post.
30. Date changed for massive picnic under the cherry blossom canopy this weekend.