Hold on for the weekend: Vancouver forecast calling for 3 dismal days of rain

0
734

Vancouver Weather
people walking with umbrellas in a rainy city / Shutterstock

The Metro Vancouver weather forecast is calling for a mix of dismal, dreary weather as well as bright, hot sunshine over the next week.

Environment Canada forecasts a 30 per cent chance of showers on Tuesday, June 4 in the afternoon after a mainly sunny day. Following this, however, Wednesday’s forecast calls for a 60 per cent chance of showers and a high of 17°C. In addition, the evening is expected to reach a low of 10°C with a 40 per cent change of showers.

Both forecasts for Thursday and Friday also call for a chance of showers as well as daily lows of 10°C and 11°C, respectively.

With this in mind, the wet, cool weather is expected to change for the weekend. Saturday’s forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 18°C, while Sunday’s forecast calls for a high of 20°C.

Monday is also expected to see a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 21°C.

Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast 

Vancouver weather
Environment Canada

On Thursday, May 9 15 weather records were broken across the province and Squamish reached a sizzling high of 29.5°C. On the following day, Friday, May 10, a whopping 26 weather records were broken across B.C. and Pitt Meadows reached a toasty high of 29.3°C.

Environment Canada has also stated that the presence of a weak El Niño will affect temperatures heading into summer. As such, the department expects that the province will see above average temperatures this summer.