The City of New Westminster has gone to the dogs – small ones.
It’s testing out an off-leash area in Simcoe Park that is just for small dogs.
The city is looking for feedback by taking a survey.
“New Westminster Parks and Recreation is looking for feedback as we test a small dog only off-leash area in Simcoe Park,” reads an online post. “This trial will take place within the existing off-leash dog area. The space will offer small dogs and their owners a place to feel safe and enjoy the benefits that existing users of off-leash dog enclosures currently receive.”
You can take the survey here.
Things to know about the trial period:
- The small dog area is restricted to dogs under 25 pounds
- Dog owners are responsible for determining the suitability of their dog for the small dog off-leash area
- Dogs large and small are welcome in the main off-leash area
- The trial period will run from October 1 through October 31, 2019
- This survey will be open until the conclusion of the trial period
- Decisions regarding a permanent off-leash area for small dogs will be made at the conclusion of the trial period