The English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Manx and Cornish will be celebrating their history, customs and heritage in Vancouver during the upcoming British Isles Heritage Festival, and you are invited to be a part of it — wherever you may be from on the globe.
This free event takes place on Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Vancouver Art Gallery's north plaza. The festivities will feature live entertainment like Celtic, Scottish and Irish song and dance courtesy numerous talented local musicians and performers.
There will be tons of vendors, as well as heaps of food, including traditional eats and globally- influenced dishes.
When it comes to food, incidentally, the British Isles Heritage Festival is a great way to check out some authentic foods from across the pond, alongside some local and crowd-pleasing festival favourites.
Here's a complete list of all the foods that will be available for purchase at the festival:
- British bangers and sausages - Oyama Sausage Co.
- English style Fish & Chips - Flying Fish N Chipper
- British Bacon Butty and other grilled cheese sandwiches - Cheezee Does It
- Metis Bannock - Bannock Queen
- Cannoli - Cannoli King
- Cornish Pasty, Sctoch Eggs, Scotch Pies - Bannock Booth II
- Eccles Cakes, Empire Biscuits, Bakewell Tarts, Currant Slices - Italia Bakery Truck
- Persian dishes - Cazba
- Mini donuts - Hugs
- Mac & Cheese - Reel Mac and Cheese truck
- Tornado Potatoes, Zucchini, or Yam - The Original Tornado Potatoes
- Lobster Rolls - Salty's Lobster Shack
- Perogies - Nina's Perogies
- Coffees - The Coffee Bike
- Japanese hot dogs - JAPADOG
- The Pandesal (Filipino Sandwiches) - Shameless Bunes
- German sandwiches - Porky's
- The Jamaican Patty - Hibiscus Foods
- Corn dogs
- Maple syrup products - Maples Sugar Shack
- Groceries imported from England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales - The Celtic Treasure Chest
British Isles Heritage Festival
When: Saturday, Feb. 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Vancouver Art Gallery, North Plaza