The feathers will be flying on Saturday, April 6 when a big pillow fight breaks out (as planned) at Vancouver's Robson Square.
It’s International Pillow Fight Day, and a coordinated effort to have seemingly spontaneous pillow fights in public spaces is going down in all its messy glory. But this pillow fight has firm starting and ending points: The feathered frenzy starts at precisely 3 pm and ends exactly 30 minutes later.
Pillow Fight Day has been happening in Vancouver and around the world for several years now. Locally it’s typically organized by Vancouver’s outpost of Improv Everywhere and Flash Mob Vancouver–both skilled at pulling off stunts like this.
If you want to participate, this is a FREE, PJs-optional (as in you CAN wear them instead of street clothes, don’t show up naked!) kid-friendly event...with some strict parameters.
- Don’t be in location until exactly 3 pm.
- Keep your pillows concealed until starting time.
- Right at 3 pm rush in screaming “PILLOW FIGHT!”
- Have fun pillow fighting for 15 minutes and then promptly leave the area.
- Stay in the plaza area and off the roads and sidewalks.
- Hit ONLY people with pillows. If a person doesn’t have a pillow and is obviously not participating, don’t hit them!
- Use common sense! Fight for fun. Don’t hurt anyone!
- Participate and/or stand in the immediate vicinity at your own risk!
Spectators are welcome, though as always the element of surprise for unknowing passers-by is pretty priceless.
Vancouver's Pillow Fight Day will take place rain or shine - and with our luck, we will probably be facing some April showers.
When: Saturday, April 6 at 3 pm
Where: Robson Square - 800 Robson St., Vancouver