During the holidays, while we are feasting on goodies and treats galore, the spirit of giving can extend to those outside our own homes and circles of friends, especially when we make an effort to give back. Now a group of local bakers has banded together to put on a holiday cookie swap auction that will benefit The Greater Vancouver Food Bank to ensure all Vancouverites have full bellies this Christmas.
They'll be auctioning off six cookie boxes and a cake online between Dec. 10-15, 2018. All proceeds will go to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
In addition to Parsons and Pryor, the charity cookie "swap" features a mix of local bakers beloved for their Insta feeds, as well as established treat shops in Vancouver.
Here's the full list of bakers and what they've got in store for the auction:
- Jenell Parsons of The Pie Hole: Apple Caramel Crumble Pie Cookie
- Kristie Pryor of @thesweetandsimplekitchen: Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Kylie Mangles of Letter Press Bakery: Decorated Sugar Cookies
- Kelsey of @kelsey_thefarmersdaughter: Gingersnaps
- Lyndsey Sung of @cococakeland: Reindeer Cake
- Jennifer Pallian of@foodess: Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Betty Hung of Beaucoup Bakery: Assorted Holiday Cookies
- Gail Ng of @teakandthyme: Linzer Cookies
- Connie Zhou of @chocolateandconnie: Matcha White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Fanny Lam of @oh_sweet_day: Holiday Shortbread
Great Charity Cookie Swap
When: Dec. 10-15, 2018
Where: Online at thepiehole.com