Christmas is prime time for cocktails.
So many bars in Vancouver are getting in on the fun by either releasing a standalone holiday special or creating an entire festive menu to celebrate the season.
H Tasting Lounge has taken on family dynamics with their 12 Guests of Christmas Dinner cocktail menu and now Pourhouse in Gastown has revealed it has 12 new drinks incoming for the holidays.
In the style of the song "12 Days of Christmas," the bar team will be debuting a new festive cocktail every day from December 17 to New Year's Eve.
Each drink will be named for the "True Love's" gifts, starting with Partridge in a Pear Tree, which is a tall drink of Cointreau, sotol, lemon, and a dash of chocolate bitters with an orange twist and cherry on top.
Here's the 12 Days of Cocktails menu:
- Partridge in a Pear Tree | Cointreau, Sotol, lemon, dash chocolate bitters, orange twist & cherry
- Two Turtle Doves (10/10 Manhattan) | Angel’s Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon finished in Port barrels, Amaro Lucano, Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- Three French Hens | Citadelle, Suze, Lillet
- Four Calling Birds (Jungle Bird) | Goslings Black Seal, Campari, pineapple
- Five Golden Rings (Golden Penicillin) | Ardbeg 5 Wee Beestie and egg yolk garnished with gold flakes
- Geese a Layin’ (Sazer-Quacks) | Duck Fat Washed Brandy, Sazerac
- Swans a Swimming | Wet Grey Goose Martini, Cocchi Rosa
- Maids a Milkin’ (To a Friend) | Flor de Cana 12, Lustau Sherry, pineapple, clarified milk
- Ladies Dancing (Blue Curacao Sidecar) | Marquis VSOP Brandy, Blue Curacao, cinnamon sugar
- Lords a Leaping (Champagne Cocktail) | Pommery Pop, Peychaud’s bitters, sugar cube
- Pipers Piping | Take My Word Cachaca, Fernet Branca, Ardbeg 12
- Drummers Drumming | Aberfeldy 12, Amaro Montenegro, Lonetree Cider