Get prepared for some stormy weather: the Metro Vancouver weather forecast is calling for a risk of a thunderstorm on Thursday, June 6.
While Monday and Tuesday were warm and sunny in the Lower Mainland, Wednesday, June 5 saw showers throughout the day. Now, Environment Canada is calling for a risk of thunderstorm on Thursday, as well as a 40 per cent chance of showers and a high of 15°C during the day. Following this, the evening's forecast calls for a 60 per cent chance of showers and a low of 10°C.
Friday is also expected to see rainfall, with a 60 per cent chance of showers throughout the day. In addition, there's a 60 per cent chance that the rainfall will carry into Saturday. Saturday night is expected to be clear, however, and Sunday's forecast calls for bright sunshine and a high of 20°C.
Monday and Tuesday are expected to see warm sunshine with highs of 23°C and 25°C, respectively.
On Thursday, May 9 15 weather records were broken across the province and Squamish reached a sizzling high of 29.5°C. On the following day, Friday, May 10, a whopping 26 weather records were broken across B.C. and Pitt Meadows reached a toasty high of 29.3°C.
Environment Canada has also stated that the presence of a weak El Niño will affect temperatures heading into summer. As such, the department expects that the province will see above average temperatures this summer.