Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
April 21-27, 2018
- This week’s springtime sunshine was almost too gorgeous! Check out these photos.
2. In episode 20 of the V.I.A. Podcast, we sit down to talk (and drink!) with Leah Heneghan, co-founder of Vancouver Craft Beer Week.
5. Check out Vancouver Heritage Foundation’s new historic Chinatown map and guide.
6. Living Situation: ‘Thom’ works as a house manager for free rent.
7. Local company aims to “unplastic the world” with colourful platinum silicon.
8. Victoria’s Superbaba rolling into Vancouver as a food truck.
9. Where to see one of only 7 surviving Vancouver Interurban streetcars.
10. New online project promotes healthy sexuality for women living with HIV.
11. The story behind that floating lodge docked in Crab Park.
12. 13 quick facts you need to know about B.C.’s upcoming pot laws.
13. The Sellution is moving back to Main Street.
14. This handy interactive crime map shows you which sketchy Vancouver neighbourhoods to avoid.
15. Slide The City: Giant slip and slide returns to Metro Vancouver this summer.
16. Peek inside the brand new Whole Foods Market in North Vancouver.
17. Get spooked at Vancouver’s brand new horror film festival this fall.
18. You can now buy your own mini, fine silver, half-Stanley Cup while you wait for the Canucks to get into the playoffs again.
20. Discover local galleries at this free Mount Pleasant art walk.
21. You need to explore this hidden art studio in Mount Pleasant.
22. Grassroots arts group celebrates move into new space.
23. We’ve got 19 Vancouver food events for you to check out this May.
24. First exhibition at Queer Arts Festival’s SUM gallery opens next month.
25. VIDEO: Grouse grizzlies emerge from den.
27. The infamous street goose of Mount Pleasant is back!
28. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Granville Street.
29. There’s going to be a free Salvador Dali exhibit in Vancouver this summer.
30. A love letter to local craft beer that tastes like…beer.
31. 10 new things to look for on your grocery store shelves in Vancouver this year.
32. Read the sensational tale of a CKNW personality who murdered his wife with poisoned milkshakes in 1965.
33. This event spotlights the women “Crushing it” in the Vancouver food industry.
34. This epic meat and beer event will heat up Vancouver again in July.
38. You can spend the night in this historic 1880s house in B.C.’s gold rush country.