Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
June 2-8, 2018
1. In this week’s episode of the V.I.A. Podcast we dish with Mijune Pak of Top Chef Canada and Follow Me Foodie.
2. And in some great follow up news: Top Chef Canada will return for seventh season.
3. Richmond has the best Asian food in North America, says the New York Times.
4. In return, actor Seth Rogen professes his love for the Richmond Night Market.
5. This unique $3.75M estate for sale was once a substation powering Vancouver’s interuban streetcar.
6. Fresh Air Cinema reveals schedule for free outdoor movies in Stanley Park.
7. Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo offers nostalgic fun for the whole family.
8. Here’s why a giant 40ft inflatable Disney character is hanging out in a Vancouver parking lot.
9. 88-year-old man to compete in his 200th race at this year’s Dragon Boat Festival.
10. Montreal’s epic brunch spot Eggspectation preps first Metro Vancouver location.
11. Vancouver will have B.C.’s biggest outdoor beer garden this summer.
12. SFU students create winning design for the Powell Street Festival.
13. Betamax launches first gallery exhibit in their new hybrid arts space.
14. New restaurant opens at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
15. A&W Canada is going to stop using plastic straws at all locations.
16. Improv show ‘Avocado Toast’ pokes fun at Vancouver stereotypes.
17. La Petite Cuillere adds tea-infused daily brunch service.
18. Museum of Surrey crowdsourcing 2,000 local people photos for epic new mural.
19. Bathtub races return to Vancouver for the first time since 1996.
20. 6 ways for food lovers to enjoy the Harmony Arts Festival.
21. You can up your pie game big time with these awesome baking classes.
22. DownLow Chicken Shack coming in hot with June opening.
23. Ramen Koika joins Robson’s robust ranks with house-made noodles and creative bowls.
24. My name is David and I live with Autism.
25. Main St. Station Farmers Market kicks off 10th anniversary season.
26. Blinded sea lion moves into long-term home at Vancouver Aquarium.
27. Metro Vancouver breaks records for Bike to Work and School Week.
28. Vancouver beach cleanup raises awareness about threats to marine life.
29. Uniqlo is opening a store in Coquitlam Centre this fall.
30. A dog that was stolen in New Westminster has been found.
31. Outdoor concert slated for Mount Pleasant park as part of Mural Festival.
32. This adult picture book provides dumb answers to kids’ dumb questions.
33. A new Vancouver Art Gallery exhibition explores the evolution of the cabin
34. The Vancouver girl who sang with Pink is now pursuing a singing career
35. Losing Anthony Bourdain is NOT awesome, but remembering his time in Vancouver can be a sweet reminder of him in our city.