Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
December 30 – January 4, 2019
1. These are some of the most outrageous getups at the Polar Bear Swim.
2. Coquitlam mom gives birth to B.C.’s first baby of 2019.
3. 5 new Vancouver restaurants to check out in January.
4. These were the most popular baby names in B.C. in 2018.
5. Now that cannabis is legal in Canada, you might be interested in learning about what products are available to you. Well, you can have all your questions answered (and more), at the Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo, January 10 – 13, 2019 in Vancouver!
The Lift & Co. Expo is Canada’s meeting place for cannabis, featuring hundreds of exhibitors, renowned speakers and the movers and shakers in the global industry. The three-day event aims to let recreational users and business owners explore and discuss policies, research, new products and the significance of cannabis in Canada. You can learn more HERE. #SPONSORED
6. How one panhandler sees life on the streets of Vancouver.
7. This massive onesie bar crawl is coming to downtown Vancouver.
8. The 29 most anticipated B.C. brewery openings of 2019.
9. You can score a pint of delicious ice cream when you donate blood this month.
10. Another Taiwanese bubble tea shop preps first-ever Vancouver location.
11. Catch a sip of the West Coast’s biggest whisky-tasting event.
12. Canada has one of the most powerful passports in the world, according to index.
13. There is going to be a magical Unicorn Ball in Vancouver next month
14. SUCCESS granted $22.4M to help new immigrants before they arrive.
15. These 2 B.C. places are considered among the best in the world to visit, survey finds.
16. This weekend is your last chance to enjoy these illuminated festive events in Metro Vancouver.
17. 30 Vancouver buses will turn into moving pieces of public art.
18. December 2018’s snowfall in Whistler broke a 24-year-old record.
19. Step into this massive lantern wonderland at this dazzling Metro Vancouver event.
20. These breathtaking frozen waterfalls in B.C. look like something out of a dream.