Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
April 21 – April 26, 2019
1. This cat has applied for a police job with B.C. RCMP.
2. Don’t “get” art? This book list is for you!
3. 8 epic ways to celebrate May the Fourth in Metro Vancouver this year.
4. Commemorative loonie marking ‘progress’ for LGBTQ2 people unveiled in Toronto.
5. These whimsical sculptures in downtown Vancouver change colours when it rains.
6. Trudeau to be portrayed on Canuck-themed episode of ‘The Simpsons’.
7. Online petition launched in support of proposed Four Winds brewery-restaurant in Delta.
8. North Vancouver approves Shipyards Brewery District.
9. Pod of orcas spotted in Deep Cove in North Vancouver.
10. This epic hike in B.C. takes you through a network of mysterious tunnels.
11. Vancouverites set new record in walking, biking and transit use.
12. 25 farmers markets happening this summer in Metro Vancouver.
13. This festival offers over 5 acres of massive sunflowers that soar over 12 feet tall.
14. Vancouver indie rockers Said the Whale pay it forward with high school tour.
15. New Nordic-inspired Finfolk features pizza, oysters, and beer.
16. There’s a new ‘futuristic’ salad vending machine in Metro Vancouver.
17. One-of-a-kind Lego-inspired Brick Bar will pop up in Vancouver for two nights only.
18. 21 awe-inspiring pictures of Metro Vancouver spring beauty.
19. That’s more like it: Vancouver forecast calling for 14 days of bright sunshine.
20. This epic music festival takes place over 4 days in downtown Vancouver.
21. Last member of Vancouver baseball team that fought racism helps unveil new stamp.
22. Canada ranks in top ten most ethical destinations around the world.
23. The Red Accordion: New restaurant hopes to hit all the right notes in a storied space.
24. This whimsical forest in B.C. was transformed into an enchanted kingdom.
25. You can get a smoothie made with 24K gold at this new Vancouver ‘blender bar’.
26. Indulge in a smorgasbord of “one-of-a-kind” bonbons at this gourmet Vancouver event.
27. The largest harvest celebration in Canada takes place this fall at the PNE.
28. Check out 17 craft breweries during this one day ‘Yeast Van’ DIY beer crawl.
29. Greater Vancouver’s favourite free food truck fest gets rolling.
30. Late spring skiing will be offered on Whistler Mountain this year.
31. Watch the insane transformation of a penguin at the Vancouver Aquarium.
32. You can see B.C.’s largest public exhibition of Lego creations in Metro Vancouver.