Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
Things to Know
1. This campaign raised $3 million to protect a B.C. inlet that’s home to the highest waterfall in North America.
2. Canada was ranked one of the top 10 best countries for travellers in the world.
3. This is how craft beer and the brewery tasting room has revolutionized drinking culture in B.C.
4. There’s a new app that helps drivers answer ‘Is the Massey Tunnel Okay?’
5. Vancouver was ranked the 6th most-livable city in the world by The Economist.
6. These Vancouver lawyers are offering FREE legal advice over two days.
Things to Eat
7. Be quick: You can score FREE Japanese soufflé pancakes this Saturday in Vancouver.
8. Pass the perogies, it’s time for Polish Festival Vancouver.
9. Hungry? Here are 33 awesome Vancouver food events to check out this month.
10. Dine Out Vancouver has revealed their 2020 meal deal and festival dates.
11. This popular Vancouver doughnut-maker has a new shop on wheels.
12. At last: Squamish’s beloved Fergie’s is ready to re-open.
13. Tacofino is opening a new location in Vancouver.
Things to Do
14. Borrow a pooch at a Canine Library in Vancouver next weekend.
15. Ride in B.C.’s largest after dark bike party on open streets this Saturday.
16. Pet puppies and eat pie at this awesome fundraising event.
17. This enormous Cats & Dogs exhibition comes to Science World this month.
18. Borrow a person at the Human Library in Vancouver this weekend.
19. Sail away on this lavish cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles for just $234 CAD.
20. Deal alert: You can fly from Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta for $99 CAD right now.
Things to See
21. This FREE colourful festival will illuminate the Vancouver Art Gallery.
22.These awe-inspiring Northern Lights snaps were taken near Vancouver (PHOTOS)
23. A Vancouver photographer shared these adorable otter pictures that will melt your heart.
24. See the moment a bobcat went for a swim in a B.C. inlet.