Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
May 18 – 24, 2019
1. There's an outdoor beer garden and cycling racecourse coming to Mount Pleasant!
2. More than 500 native B.C. baby animals got a ‘second chance at life’.
3. A dazzling full strawberry moon is set to illuminate Vancouver skies.
4. The Pie Hole opens third Metro Vancouver location.
5. These 8 Vancouver bars made Canada’s 50 Best Bars of 2019 list.
6. Touch-screen kiosks with live updates unveiled by TransLink.
7. Enter an illuminated wonderland at this magical ‘night walk’ near Vancouver.
8. You can get sushi rolls made with hot dogs this summer at one iconic Vancouver venue.
9. This exclusive afternoon tea celebrates the 80th anniversary of a Vancouver landmark.
10. Here is how to get FREE PNE admission and discounts this summer.
11. This 13-year-old Metro Vancouver yo-yo champ has won his second national title.
12. PNE announces epic summer concert lineup including TLC, Billy Idol, and Vanilla Ice.
13. Guy proposes to his girlfriend at one of the last drive-in theatres in B.C.
14. This healthy fast food restaurant has opened a third Vancouver location.
15. You can view the International Space Station from Vancouver without a telescope.
16. Purrfect opportunity: You can adopt a cat from the SPCA for 50% off this month.
17. A big boozy boat cruise drag brunch is launching in Vancouver.
18. These kid-friendly hikes near Vancouver offer the most spectacular views.
19. This Game of Thrones fanatic transformed their Vancouver home into a castle.
20. Gastown’s Pourhouse has brought back their weekend brunch, with live music.
21. A huge FREE vegan food and culture festival is happening in Vancouver this summer.