Say "oui" to this food tour of one of France's most beloved pastries.
The Metro Vancouver Croissant Crawl (formerly the Vancouver Croissant Crawl) is a self-guided tasting tour of croissants all over the region. The crawl, which debuted last year, will return from November 1 through 14, 2023.
The DIY tour features limited edition croissant flavours and creations at participating vendors, and this year's tour will see even more creative versions of France's most beloved pastry.
The crawl was designed to be self-guided, so you can "choose your own adventure" by creating an itinerary for walking, biking, driving or however you prefer to get about.
Last year the croissant crawl featured nine vendors, including Bel Cafe's Churro Croissant, Lumine Coffee's Apple Crumble Spice Double Baked Croissant, and Viva Cafe's Kasama Chocolate Pain Suisse.
While this year's croissant crawl will feature more vendors, limited quantities will be available at each participating location. All vendors will accept pre-orders.
Here is the full list of participating vendors and their feature "crawl" flavours:
- Bel Café: Coconut & Pandan Supreme Croissant (coconut rice pudding filling and pandan namelaka and caramel garnish)
- Bonus Bakery: Tiramisu Biscoff Crumbs Croissant (plant-based croissant topped with tiramisu spread and Bsicoff crumbles)
- Cadeaux Bakery: Apple Pecan Crisp Twice Baked Croissant (almond pecan frangipane and apple pie compote filling, topped with a maple soak, more pecan frangipane, and oat pecan crumble)
- Charisma Cafe & Dessert House:
- Honey Ham & Cheese Mochi Croissant
- Tomato Jam & Cheese Mochi Croissant
- Davie Village Bakery: Nutella Supreme Croissant (Nutella cream filling topped with minced hazelnuts)
- Footo Croissant: Cinnamon Croissant Cereal (super mini cinnamon croissant served with milk)
- Hazukido: Caramel Pumpkin Spice Cream Croissant (topped with a caramel drizzle)
- Karen's Dreamy Bakeshop: Almond Croissant Crown (almond croissant topped with almond paste, double baked with almond slices, garnished with Nutella, sprinkled with icing sugar, and eating like pull-apart bread)
- Kozak Ukrainian Eatery (both Vancouver locations and the New Westminster location): Pistachio Croissant Cube
- Leavenly Goods Bakery: XXL Croissant (also available at Charisma Cafe & Dessert House; pre-order only): Original or Almond
- Little Cafe on Robson: Pomegranate Punch Supreme Croissant (black croissant with a pomegranate filling)
- Nelson the Seagull Cafe: Chocolate Mumgry & Jam Croissant (blueberry jam and chocolate peanut butter Mumgry filling, topped with peanut brittle and peanut butter drizzle)
- Paul Bakery, Café and Restaurant:
- Caramel Chocolate Croissant Cube
- Mascarpone and Strawberry Croissant
- To Live For Bakery & Cafe: Salted Caramel Cruffin
- Terra Breads: Pumpkin Pie Double Baked Croissant (filled with pumpkin and almond spice cream and topped with a crumble)
- Uprising Breads Bakery: Toasted Coconut Cream Croissant
- VIVA Cafe & Bakery: Jasmine Pistachio Parcel (filled with jasmine pastry cream and roasted frangipane and praliné pistachios)
- Wicked Cafe & Bakery: S'mores Kouign-Amann (croissant with dark chocolate custard, topped with Biscoff and marshmallow)
- BjornBar Bakery (also in North Vancouver): Crunchy Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Croissant (filled with chocolate and hazelnut ganache, topped with toasted hazelnuts and dusted with icing sugar)
- Cassandra Cakes Co.: Croissant Waffle Sandwich (waffled croissant dough with roasted chicken, spinach, pest aioli, cranberry, Brie)
- Leaven Bakery:
- Carbonara Croissant (sourdough croissant rolled in guanciale and pecorino -- like an elevated ham and cheese croissant but tasting like pasta in croissant form)
- Charcoal Salted Egg Yolk Croissant (charcoal-tinted sourdough croissant with a salted egg yolk in the middle and topped with torched meringue)
- Pourquoi Pas Pâtisserie: St. Honoré Croissant (filled with crème pâtissière, vanilla bean monté, and topped with a filled choux puff dipped in caramelized sugar)
You can follow the Vancouver Croissant Crawl on Instagram at @vancouvercroissantcrawl for more info and for event bonuses, like contesting.
With a file from Lindsay William-Ross.