Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
May 12-18, 2018
- This week on the V.I.A. Podcast, we take on sex, marriage, and ice cream.
2. P!nk visits Vancouver landmark, thanks Canada for being “damn awesome.”
3. Check out these 9 murals unveiled at Granville Island for the Art Smash Street Party.
4. City of Vancouver proclaims 2018 ‘Year of the Queer.’
5. Here are 20 photos that have us itching to get outside this weekend.
6. Ponderosa Fest announces 2018 line-up featuring K-os, Yukon Blonde and more.
7. We’ve rounded up 14 yummy treats to chow down on at the Richmond Night Market this summer.
8. Ever wonder who’s answering your angry tweets to BC Ferries?
9. Vancouver is getting a new podcast festival this fall.
10. This new ramen shop offers unique dishes you won’t find elsewhere in Vancouver.
11. Watch these Kits Beach heroes rescue a hopelessly stuck sailboat (VIDEO).
12. This local company is selling tons of cricket powder as food for humans.
13. Heritage Asian Eatery is opening their second Vancouver location.
14. Le Dîner en Blanc Vancouver returns for 7th year this August.
15. Christie Charles is Vancouver’s first Indigenous poet laureate.
16. Summer bucket list: 14 essential ice cream sandwiches in Vancouver.
17. This Vancouver glassblower makes $2,000 weed pipes.
18. 5 (more) things you didn’t know about Vancouver’s Chinatown.
19. TransLink’s first clean energy buses hit the road in Surrey.
20. A FREE bus will take you to Golden Ears Park from Vancouver this summer.
21. Get wacky sundaes inspired by pop music at these sweet summer ice cream socials.
22. This Mount Pleasant art gallery is housed inside a gorgeous 1889 heritage home.
23. Mounties rescue duckling after mother killed on Highway 1.
24. Musician raises $10k for charity in Richmond with marathon guitar playing.
25. ‘Flock’ installation in Vancouver explores the power of the female voice.
26. This new online tool lets you see the value of most Vancouver properties in two seconds.
27. Exploring the screen printed political art coming out of Mount Pleasant.
28. Living Situation: James Thiessen on investing in ‘wheel estate.’
29. Webcam provides glimpse of endangered northern spotted owl chick.
30. Vancouver approves ban on plastic straws, foam cups and containers.
31. A poetic reflection on the meaning of life by Yosef Wosk (VIDEO).
32. Vancouver animal hospital to host vaccine clinic for rabbit owners.
33. You can get beautiful sushi donuts at this Vancouver Japanese restaurant.
34. Adventurous couple kicks off 2,000-kilometre scooter trek in Vancouver.
35. This historian is hosting a lecture about the heroic life of a pioneering nurse.
36. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir have “Titanic” B.C. Ferries moment.
37. Douglas Coupland’s ‘Vortex’ opens at the Vancouver Aquarium.
38. Tim Hortons pooper inspires crapload of funny social media responses.
39. This Week in History: Beach fashion for the long weekend.