Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
September 1 – 7, 2018
2. Dine Out Vancouver announced their 2019 festival and meal deal dates.
3. This underground art event features booze and free pancakes.
4. This Vancouver author’s book of cocktail recipes is inspired by influential women.
5. This Grateful Dead box set has a double B.C. connection.
6. This Vancouver woman was rescued after falling into a cave.
7. Vancouver’s Belle Game kicks off a sweet September with Skookum Festival.
8. This is the (new) best Park Board sign in Vancouver.
9. Starbucks added a new fall drink, and it’s only available in Canada.
10. Burnaby-made NHL ’19 video game is bringing players back to the pond.
11. SFU has launched a new mental health app for students.
12. This epic harvest-themed lights display will be Vancouver’s biggest indoor fall festival.
13. New Nike commercial features Vancouver Whitecaps star Alphonso Davies.
14. The Growler’s new collab brew is endless summer in a bottle.
15. A wild eagle hung out with a fishermen for a few incredible minutes.
16. Feed your inner “barbarian” at this huge meat and whiskey feast.
17. We just launched a community news publication in Prince George!
19. The Juice Truck is opening up in The Juicery’s vacated Main Street space.
20. Vancouver’s newest fast food-style pasta restaurant is opening soon.
21. Rogue Yaletown poop sign gives new meaning to downward dog.
22. Homeless Burnaby residents get access to free warm showers.
23. 42 northwest coast artifacts lost in Brazil museum blaze “live on” through digitization.
24. Ryan Reynolds pays tribute to late Burt Reynolds with iconic photos.
25. This new afternoon tea service is an Enchanted Forest escape.
26. Chef Ned Bell is cooking up something new at the old Vancouver Club.
27. The B.C. government has cancelled our state of emergency.
28. You’re finally allowed to light a campfire – but it’ll be in the rain.
29. Rio Theatre offers free screenings of The Big Lebowski to thank Vancouver.
30. Peruvian-Japanese restaurant Ancora opening second Metro Vancouver location.
31. There’s a pinball tradeshow and tournament coming to Vancouver this weekend.
32. A pod of orcas spotted in Howe Sound.
33. The Park Board went and ruined the best sign in the city, and it’s all our fault.
34. New Westminster sees Canada’s highest growth in home ownership rates.
THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME!